Bella Coastal Property Youth Music Scholarship
The annual Youth Music Scholarship conducted by Ulladulla Milton Lions Club presents a huge opportunity for talented young musicians in our district.
Lions is extremely grateful to Bella Coastal Property for its generous sponsorship of the Youth Music Scholarship
Youth Music Scholarship is designed to encourage young local musical performers:
- Scholarship prizes are $2,000, $1,000 and $500 for third place;
- The scholarship is open to soloist or ensemble performers, instrumental or vocal;
- Entrants can be up to 18 years of age on the date of the final;
- Selection for the scholarship is competitive;
- Auditions are conducted at the Milton Theatre on an evening in December, date to be advised;
- Entrants who are successful at audition are invited to perform at the final;
- Final takes place at the ensuing Australia Day Festival;
- Australia Day Festival is held at the Mollymook Beach Reserve, 26 January each year;
- Adjudication is conducted by independent expert/s with credentials in the music/entertainment industry;
- Scholarship winners will be presented with the scholarship cheques on stage at the conclusion of the day’s event;
- Ensembles winning a Scholarship are responsible for the equitable division of the prize for placement;
- Finalists will receive a Certificate of Performance for inclusion in their personal portfolio;
- Applications should be with the Lions Club by the second friday of December;
- Eligibility is restricted to performers living or attending school in the Ulladulla Milton District.
- For the purpose of the competition the District is bounded to the north ending but including Bendalong and to the south ending but including East Lynne.
Former finalists of the scholarship have used their Scholarship prize money to advance their musical and performance skills:
- Josiah Fajardo persued studies at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music;
- Lily Richardson and Julianne Sisinni perform in entertainment production or musical performance careers;
- Matt Best worked as a drummer in the music industry both in the USA and Australia.
Former sponsor spokesperson said, “We are very pleased to assist the Lions club to support local youth through this scholarship, the current Escape Art Fest is a clear demonstration of the depth of young talent that abounds in the district. We are keen to help our talented young performers to reach their full potential”.
The coordinator of the Youth Music Scholarship makes the point that “the scholarship offers two big opportunities for talented young performers:
* a chance to perform on stage to a sizeable audience;
* the financial incentive to further their musical interests.”
Smiling finalists of the 2016 Auditions
Application forms for the Youth Music Scholarship are now available from:
- The Lions Club website http://ulladullamilton.nsw.lions.org.au/youthmusic
- Local music teachers or
- Music staff at Ulladulla High School.